We offer three levels of memberships, each providing increasing levels of access and opportunities to participate in our research. Please contact us to discuss the level of participation that's right for your company.
Through support of one of the many events and programs hosted by the CI, corporations build connections to the CI intellectual community. Sponsors raise their visibility among a dynamic group of researchers and innovators, while differentiating themselves from competitors by aligning with a world-class institution. The CI leads a wide scale of programs and events, from intimate receptions to national conferences, creating a variety of opportunities to engage.
Associate Member ($50,000/year)
The Associate member enjoys extensive, facilitated access to CI researchers and their work. Membership at the Associate level includes:
- Early access to results through invitations to formal presentations, informal discussion, and early access to research manuscripts.
- Facilitated access to research teams working in areas of interest.
- Invitations to symposia, workshops and seminars hosted by the CI that include research presentations, breakout sessions, and time for one-on-one interactions.
- Opportunities to participate in organized recruiting events and informal opportunities to make connections with students of CI Fellows.
- Access to high-tech meeting and event space in the heart of the prestigious University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory campuses.
- Access to specialized HPC, cloud computing, and other resources on a case-by-case basis.
- Linked corporate logo on the CI website.
Graduate Student Sponsor ($75,000/year)
A Graduate Student Sponsor has the opportunity to form a deeper relationship with a graduate student and the student’s faculty advisor, in addition to the benefits available to Associate members. Graduate Student Sponsors provide one year of financial support for a graduate student in a CI member’s research team, and students can rotate through the fellowship annually to broaden connections between students and the Sponsor. Graduate research is carried out at the CI under the leadership of a CI Fellow, and the corporation’s name is recognized in association with the student’s relevant work.
Corporate Partner ($150,000/year)
Corporate Partners strengthen their connection with the CI on multiple levels. In addition to enjoying Associate member benefits, Partners play an advisory role in high level strategic planning for the CI. Partners are offered opportunities to delve deeply into a topic of particular interest at annual workshops, tutorials, or forums. CI web pages include a profile of the Partner and multiple linked logos, reflecting the Partner’s close association with the CI.
Corporate Partners have a unique opportunity to actively participate in the CI research community by placing an employee-in-residence on a CI research team. The corporate researcher can spend up to a year on campus or Argonne working with CI members on a jointly defined research project. Employees-in-residence develop a close relationship with a specific research program as they become part of the fabric of the research team, working closely with faculty, senior research staff, and graduate students with a broad range of technical skills and domain knowledge. The Partner provides the employee’s salary, and the CI provides space and benefits typical for visiting scientists. The employee-in-residence is sponsored by a CI Fellow and research goals are jointly defined. A steering committee can be established to oversee the relationship between the CI and the Partner.
Contact us for more information or to join the program.